Home > About Us > Our School Heritage > Our School History & Milestones
Our School History & Milestones
Preacher Joseph Koh founded the school and it was known as Road End School.
The medium of instruction was Teochew
|1918||Mandarin was introduced as the medium of instruction|
The school was renamed as Pei Hwa School.
Pupils performed outstandingly well and there was sharp increase in the enrolment.
|1941 - 1944||World War II broke out. School was closed temporarily.|
School reopened after the War. Pupil enrolment was fewer than a hundred.
However, within a year, the number surged and there was a need to expand.
Pastor Quek raised funds to renovate the school and improve its facilities.
Mr Tan Eng Quee was appointed Principal of the school.
The first School Management Board was formed.
|1950||1950 Pastor Yap Kok Hu was appointed Principal of the school by the School Management Board. He increased the number of classrooms to cope with the rising enrolment.|
Mr Wu Serk was appointed Principal.
The school excelled academically in ECA especially basketball.
|1987||Mr Wu Serk moved the school building to a temporary holding building at Jalan Seh Chuan.|
Mrs Dinah Gan was appointed Principal.
Construction work for the new school building began at the original site.
Completion of the new school building.
The school moved to the new building on 5 Sept 1990
School held an opening ceremony on 18 Nov 1992, The Guest of Honour was Dr Wang Kai Yuan, MP of Bukit Timah Constituency.
School was selected by MOE as SAP school.
School was also selected as one of 3 schools to participate in the Full-Day School Programme.
|1994||Mrs Maria Phua was appointed Principal.|
|1995||School Management Board changed the name to Pei Hwa Presbyterian Primary School to show its affiliation to Glory Presbyterian Church.|
|1998||Miss Chan Lai Peng was appointed Principal in December.|
School celebrated its 111th Anniversary on 3 June.
A Thanksgiving Service was held in Glory Presbyterian Church.
|2001||School was informed that it was selected for Phase 3 of PRIME(Programme for Improving Existing schools).|
|2002||School moved to a holding site at 300 Jalan Jurong Kechil in December.|
School moved back to 7 Pei Wah Avenue in December upon the completion of PRIME.
A Thanksgiving and Dedication Service was held on 18 December.
|2005||An Official Opening Ceremony was held on 3 December and the Guest of Honour was Minister for Education, Mr Tharman Shamugaratnam.|
|2006||Mrs Foo Sook Fong was appointed Principal in December.|
|2007||School initiated 'Thinkers Today Leaders Tomorrow' programme to cater to High Ability pupils in P4.|